So you’re planning to visit the land down under and you’re wondering how do you apply for an Australia visa? Whether you are making the trip for business or pleasure, Australia has something to offer everyone. Applying for and obtaining an Australia visa is typically a straightforward and easy process for just about everyone. Follow these simple steps and you’ll have your visa in no time.
Documents and Information You Need Before Applying
- Your Passport. Don’t leave home without it. Your visa will almost certainly be denied without one. Make sure you get yourself a passport before asking yourself the question of “how do I apply for an Australian visa?”
- Driver’s License or State-Issued ID. You might be required to provide your ID number in order to apply for an Australian passport.
- Destination/ Itinerary. Australian officials will want to know your intentions for entering. If you’re traveling for business, you’ll likely be asked about your associates. If you don’t yet know where you’re going in Australia, it’s a good idea to find that information out before proceeding with your application.
Get Started on the Australian Visa Authority Website
- Visit https://etaaustraliaonline.com/ and follow the easy instructions.
- Different types of passports. If you will be a tourist, select the Australian tourist visa (601-T) visa option. If you’re traveling for business, select the (601-B) visa option. Both visas will grant you entry into Australia for 90 days. If you plan to stay for longer, you’ll have to discuss that with an agent.
- Enter more information. Your passport and travel information will be requested, along with information for anyone who might be traveling with you.
- Make a payment. The cost of an Australian visa varies. Immigrant visas can be around $260-$325, while tourist/ business visas can be around $40 and up. Expect to make a payment when applying online.
- Fast Turnaround. The Australian Visa Authority Website has a quick turnaround time for approving or denying visas – usually 24 hours or less. Once you submit the form with your passport and payment, your application will be automatically connected to your passport number. You will receive an email confirmation immediately after submitting the visa application form.
When pondering the question “how do I apply for an Australian visa”, it can seem like it will be a bit of a daunting task. It does not have to be. Just follow these simple steps, and you should be well on your way to planning your trip down under. If you have extra questions or are unable to provide requested information, an immigration official should be able to assist you. Don’t hesitate to get your questions answered.